Like most toddlers, Theo says some pretty funny things always inadvertently. Often he’s just mimicking me in the wrong context or simply trying something out. Recently, he’s taken to greeting everyone with “RAWR!” about 2 inches from their face, and last week, he called my friend’s septuagenarian father “Dad” all afternoon. It’s confusing out there in toddler-land.
- Christmas dinner noting a large turkey: “Oh! Chicken, it’s a BIG one!”
- To my brother-in-law: “Um … Uncle Darlene?”
- In bed: “Gugu?” No. “Juice?” No. “Water?” No. “Snack? Car? Drumming? Running? …”
- Time’s up: Mark: “Ten minutes, and we’re going to lie down.” Theo: “No! Four minutes!”
- Getting to the root of Theo’s eating issues: “No like food!”
- Seeing the sun for the first time in a month: “Mama, Moon! Moon!”
- At a coffee shop: “Hey lady! Latte!”
- Ordering breakfast at the Aquarium: Theo: “BACON!” Me: Um .. excuse me. Theo: “Oh. Bacon peese.”
- At Granville Island: “Mom? I want eat birds?” (He wanted to feed the pigeons.)
- After recently seeing a photo of a Christmas light display: “I wanna go to Christmas!”
- Upon seeing a man with white hair and a short beard. “Ho-ho? … Dat ho-ho?” (He calls Santa ho-ho).
- In the car: “What’s an eee-it?” (idiot)
- At a Japanese restaurant: “Pickles! Lookit! Pickles!” (We finally noticed a large bowl of lollipops).
- General: “Oh my God; that’s crazy.”
What kooky things do your little kids say [insert novel]?