This is part of Amber Strocel’s monthly “What I learned” link-up. Check it!
1) FACT: August is the best summer month for vacationing. The clouds parted in August after a miserable July and we finally got to swim, camp, and eat popsicles.
3) Put a boy in a house of girls, and watch him play with Pink Ponies and baby dolls for days.
4) Victoria may be known as Vic-bor-ia but it has some wonderful spots for kids including a giant watering can spray park and a lovely petting zoo.
5) I’m not the only adoptive parent who sometimes struggles with how to chat with other adoptive parents in public.
6) Kids grow a lot between one and two. Theo is now 37″ tall, just over 3 feet, roughly half the height he’ll be as an adult. No wonder he’s often erratic and grumpy; his body is growing by the minute.
7) Food and sleep patterns consume parents of toddlers. I am no exception. Theo frequently has Jack-in-the box nights, and it’s hard to predict when and what he’ll eat.
8) Fruit off the bush is worth hunting for.
9) Sometimes, it’s the simple pleasures that make summer memorable like playing in a cardboard box in a couple of inches of water in the backyard.
What did you learn this summer?