Ten things I said I’d never do as a parent:
1. Feed my child pre-packaged snacks. Only whole grains and home-made EVERYTHING for my child. Picky eaters are spoiled children!
2. Lie in his room until he falls asleep at night or at naptime. I was not going to spend half my day in bed.
3. Talk baby talk: “Do you want a ‘juicy’? Be careful, hottie owie! Did you broke it?”
4. Judge children who are well-behaved. Well actually, I never said that but I do now. What I really said was: “I’ll never let my child run wild like that.” Eh hem…
5. Let my toddler play with my iPhone, laptop, desktop…
6. Let my child watch TV (at all) let alone have The Wiggles take a turn at parenting. Why thanks Murray.
7. Be ridiculously urban and indulgent. “Let’s all go to a café and get lattes.”
8. Write a blog post, check my twitter account or send an email while Theo does …. wait a minute … “Theo! Theo! Where are you?!”
9. Fall into gender stereotypes: “He’s SUCH a boy. Look at him go with those monster trucks!”
10. Listen to “his” music in the car when I’d rather listen to CBC. All together now: “Mama put the popcorn kernels in the pot …” ! (Snacktime, Barenaked Ladies)
BONUS 11: Talk endlessly to anyone who will listen about my superfantabulous child.
What did you say you’d NEVER do before you had children?