Sunday seems like a good day for a little gratitude.
It’s no secret that I often find adoption difficult. Sometimes when people ask me about adoption, I tell them that if they can have a child biologically they should; not because they won’t love their children but because of all the hurt that comes along with adoption. Then I just have to shake my head. Adoption opened and deepened my world. Without adoption, I wouldn’t have Theo in my life. I would never have met his biological family, and I’d never have bonds with the many adoptive families I’ve met in the last three years.
This July, I’m thankful that:
- Theo is happy, healthy and firing on all cylinders.
- Theo’s birthparents are heading off to university in the fall as they had planned.
- I’ve met so many amazing local, adoptive families who are all great, down-to-earth people.
- there’s a new neighbourhood spray park.
- the weather, which has finally turned around!
- Mark is off for the summer.
- potty training is going shockingly well.
- it’s berry season, which means homemade ice cream, pie and jam.
- and … did I mention iced espresso?
What are you feeling grateful for these days?