Here’s my weekly gratitude list:
- Universal health care. When Theo landed in the ER due to “reactive airways,” we were treated like royalty at BC Children’s Hospital, all for the low, low price of … nothing!
- Quick recoveries.
- Theo’s disinterest in Dora and his preference for people over screens.
- Fall apples, tart, crisp and delicious.
- A daycare that’s close enough to bike to. Well sort of …
- A husband who loves to can fruit and veg, and enjoys baking.
- Libraries! You can borrow books for FREE from these places, and they seem to like children.
- Friends who keep culture alive for me by hosting backyard film festivals booking theatre tickets.
- Our adoption agency. Sunrise is a truly caring agency that respects birthparents, openness and the importance of race and culture. I feel fortunate to have adopted through them. Their legendary family picnic is not to be missed.
- The doctor at the clinic who said “Well look at him! He can barely breathe … He needs to go to the hospital!” [Uh… oh … sorry … sob]
What are you feeling grateful (or not) for this week?